- Reliable service between the U.S and Canada backed by an on-time guarantee at no additional charge*
- 100% full-province coverage for all of Canada
- PARS (Pre-Arrival System) clearance at border crossings to speed transit times and minimize delays
- C-TPAT, PIP, CSA and FAST approved carrier minimizes customs delays and ensures compliance
- Complete online tracking from origin to destination
- Complete document imaging system for instant access to all customs documents
- One master document
- Customs-bonded facilities in Calgary, AB; Edmonton, AB; London, ON; Moncton, NB; Montreal, QC; Toronto, ON; Winnipeg, MB and Vancouver, BC
* Guarantee applies to current UPGF 525 tariff customers for select Canadian markets.
See the UPS Freight Tariff terms and conditions, and any other contract, as other restrictions may apply.
Back to top
Freight service to Canada is available from any of over 200 UPS Freight service centers
throughout the U.S. Freight flows into strategically located gateway service center, helping
speed freight to the border and beyond.
Gateway Service Center and Border Crossing Information
UPS Freight offers two options for guaranteed service between Canada and the U.S.
UPS Freight "No-Fee" LTL Guaranteed
- UPS Freight’s standard LTL service is backed by an on-time guarantee for shipments rated on
the current UPS Freight tariff and moving between the continental U.S. and direct
points serviced by the following service centers:
UPS Freight LTL Guaranteed
- Calgary, AB
- Dartmouth, NS
- Edmonton, AB
- London, ON
- Montreal, PQ
- St John, NB
- Toronto, ON
- Vancouver, BC
- Windsor, ON
- Winnipeg, MB
provides guaranteed delivery to or from all service centers in Canada and is available for an additional fee.
Learn more about UPS Freight’s guaranteed options and associated terms and conditions.
All freight charges, including any related Customs Sufferance or In Bond fees, appear on a single, simplified invoice.
Learn more about Customs Clearance / Customs Brokerage / Shipping Documentation to Canada (Northbound)
Learn more about Customs Clearance / Customs Brokerage / Shipping Documentation from Canada (Southbound)
- Canadian/U.S. rates are "through rates" based on hundredweight (CWT) and class.
- Rates are contained in UPGF 525.
- Canada rates are available for download and in specific points rate tariff summaries (rate ponies), which can be ordered through your account manager.
- Shipments to Canada are subject to a border processing fee. In addition, sufferance warehouse charges will apply if a shipment fails to clear customs at the border and must be held for customs release inland.
- Canadian rate quotes can be expressed in U.S. or Canadian funds.